If you are picturing Mykonos as a destination that only offers a wild nightlife scene and noisy beaches, you are mistaken. There are hidden locations most locals go to which are away from prying eyes. Make sure to read our guide to the best secluded places in Mykonos so that you can find some peace on the destination and enjoy a little bit of tranquility and serenity. Your Mykonos villa rental won’t be the only place where you can unwind and rest.
Hidden Gems You Must Visit Are Pristine Virgin Beaches
Our primary picks relate to the mesmerizing pristine Mykonian beaches. Some are located away from all the luxury villas in Mykonos, so you might need to rent a car or request a private driver to take you to a particular location. However, don’t miss some of these beaches, which offer an escape from the noise and the crowds.
- Fokos – You will find this stunning seaside in Myrsini Bay. The gold sand and the translucent water are incredible. During windy days, the waves are huge, and it might become overwhelming; however, when there is no wind, this is a beautiful gem of Greece.
- Lia – Even though Lia Beach has a couple of amenities, it is still one of the calmest spots. It’s a great place to visit with children.
- Fragia – For a very long time, this spot was hidden very well from tourists. Now it has become a secluded beach people love to explore. There is a path that takes you to Fragia, but it can be accessed by a Mykonos yacht rental as well.
Some of the Best Hidden Beaches in Mykonos Are Kapari and Kalo Livadi Beach
Two incredible hidden beaches that are very beautiful are Kalo Livadi and Kapari Beach. Kalo Livadi is one of the dreamiest spots on the island. The sand is beige, while the water is turquoise and crystal clear. It is very wide and not so crowded, so you can organize a romantic date here in peace. It is situated about 10 km away from Mykonos town.
Kapari Beach is among the locals’ favorite spots. The translucent water and the view of the Mykonian sunset are truly picturesque here. The spot is perfect for taking Instagram pics all day long. It’s also a great place to go diving if you want to explore underwater. It is secluded, and to reach it, you have to walk around 10 minutes from the nearest parking lot.
One of the Best Things You Can Do Is Eat at a Cute and Secluded Restaurant Called Kiki’s Tavern
You might not believe that there is a bar or restaurant where you can eat a delicious traditional Greek meal in serenity. However, Kiki’s Tavern is a great exception. It is located at Agios Sostis Beach, and it is a symbol of what the destination was like before.
It was a place where celebrities came to escape and find peace and off-the-beaten-track spots. At Kiki’s Tavern, there is no telephone or electricity. The Greek food is prepared on a grill. Sometimes the crowds form but you can come at a time when there are fewer tourists.
Go on a Wine Tour to the Mykonos Vioma Organic Farm
The majority of people go to Little Venice and the Mykonian windmills most of the time, but rarely do they want to explore the rural area of the island. The prime example of a rural area is the Vioma Organic Farm. It’s everything that the destination does not advertise. On the farm, you can walk and discover the authenticity of the area and its importance for winemakers.
The friendly animals are on the farm as well, so you can pet them and feed them. A great option is to join a wine-tasting tour and enjoy the best wines at the same time. You can buy one or two bottles of wine to take with you to one of the Mykonos luxury villas as a souvenir or to your yacht rental in Mykonos.
Visit a Peaceful Village Called Ano Mera During Your Stay
Ano Mera village is not really a secluded place since it is an entire village on a hill only 8 km away from the main town. Its charm is that it looks idyllic, and there are numerous spots where you can stroll without exhausting crowds and where you can enjoy a drink in peace. You can have a peek into the Mykonian history, try traditional food and visit monasteries.
What Secluded Gem Should You Check Out in Ano Mera?
You can spend an entire day walking around Ano Mera, taking beautiful photographs, and indulging in the stunning view of the island. If you want to check out serene and quiet locations not many people go to, we recommend:
- The Paleokastro Monastery – Do you want to see a Byzantine castle? Then you need to go to the monastery that is built where the remains of such a castle are. It is a historical gem.
- Panagia Tourliani Monastery – This is a must-see location in Ano Mera. It was established in 1542 and named after the Virgin Mary. The architecture of the monastery of Panagia Tourliani is simply impressive.
- The Artificial Lake of Ano Mera Dam – It’s a man-made lake that serves as both a water storage area and shelter for various birds in the fall. It is one of the relaxing places. You will hate that you’d have to go back to one of the Mykonos villas for rental you are staying at. It is located 10 km away from Mykonian old town.
Pick Secluded Places in Mykonos You Would Like to Go to and Book Your Vacation Right Away
Are you more interested in relaxing on the beaches or drinking Greek wine in a vineyard? Pick your favorite secluded spot so you know where to go when you arrive in Greece. But first, you’d have to call The Ace VIP team and rent a Mykonos villa. We have the best selection of private villas you can choose from. Of course, this is not the only service we offer. With us, you can enjoy concierge VIP services Mykonos, car rental, yacht rental, as well as jet rental services. There is nothing we can’t do for you. So, call us today for the luxurious trip you’ve always dreamed of.