An island vacation is a perfect time to catch some sun on the beach and work on your tan. But tanning can be pretty challenging and dangerous if you do not do it properly. Today we are going to explain how to get a perfect tan and give you some useful tips for tanning safely.
Mediterranean Sun Is the Best for Getting a Perfect Tan
One thing you should know about vacationing on Mykonos during summer is that it is not extremely hot there. Summer months are known for warm sunny days with a bit of wind, so perfect for spending days on beautiful beaches.
The Mediterranean sun will surely give you a nice bronzed look, but you still have to be super careful when sunbathing in some popular spots. The next few paragraphs will briefly explain to you all the essential stuff you should know about sunbathing on the coast of the Aegean Sea.
Carefully Choose the Time of the Day for Tanning
Spending entire days sunbathing by the pools of private villas in Mykonos or on the beaches is not only pointless but also potentially very harmful. When planning your activities for the day and tanning time, the best time for catching the sun is in the morning, from 8 to 11 AM, or during the late afternoon hours.
Always check the UV index before heading to the beach since between 10 AM and 4 PM the sun can be pretty harmful to the skin and should be avoided. Going to the beach during the morning hours is the best time for getting a nice tan, and then you can spend the rest of the day on some other fun activities.
Give Your Skin a Break From Tanning and Sun
On Mykonos, you can easily spend hours and even the entire day on the beaches because most of them are supplied with all the necessary facilities. However, you should take a break from sunbathing, especially during midday. Spend some time in the shade by sipping cocktails in one of the nearby beach clubs or have lunch in some of the best restaurants.
Prepare Your Skin for Tanning Faster and Healthier
If you are wondering what the best way to get a tan is – you should know that proper preparation is the key to success. Prepping your skin before tanning will help it absorb sunlight better and in a healthier way. Some of the tips you should consider trying out are:
- Exfoliating your skin before exposing it to the sun. It will help your tan last longer, and your skin will absorb skincare products much better. Try using a gentle exfoliator that won’t damage your skin too much.
- Apply the right SPF sunscreen that fits your skin type the best. Your SPF oil or cream should protect you from both UVA (aging) and UVB (burning rays). A proper SPF sunscreen will help you reach the perfect bronze shade, so it’s a must-have in your beach bag.
- Avoid “tan-accelerator creams” for faster tanning. These lotions need to be revised. They are usually oil-based products that just make you burn faster. A better solution would be to get supplements that induce the production of melanin and help it get darker faster in a more natural way.
Always Use Skincare Products After Exposing It to the Sun
When you come back to your private Mykonos villa after a long day of sunbathing, your skincare routine is crucial for maintaining healthy skin. After you shower, consider applying some after-sun lotions and nourishing products to revitalize your body.
You might feel that your skin is very warm and tightening up after an entire day in the sunlight, which is the right sign that you have to hydrate it. This will help your body’s skin stay glowy, soft, and healthy.
How to Get a Perfect Tan in the Sun Without Damaging Your Skin
While on a summer vacation, people often get so caught up in finding out how to get the perfect shade and trying to achieve the gorgeous bronzed look that they forget about some necessary precaution measures. Especially since there are so many fun things to do on this island, these safety tips often slip your mind.
The Best Method for Getting That Perfect Bronze Tan on Vacation
If you want to know how to tan fast and safely and avoid any burns that could potentially happen and ruin your holiday – keep in mind some of these precautionary tips:
- Don’t fall asleep in the sun since it can cause nasty burns and uneven tone. We know that relaxing on the beach is one of the most fun activities, and people often like to have a nap on the beach. However, if you’re going to do it – make sure you relax in the shade.
- Sunscreen (SPF) must be reapplied every two hours to protect your body properly. Especially if you like indulging in water activities and swimming, you must reapply SPF after getting out of the water.
- Change positions to have the same tone on your front and back. Don’t spend hours lying on your back. Tanlines aren’t flattering, and if you want to avoid them, ensure you change positions while sunbathing.
- Drink lots of water while on the beach, and stay hydrated to avoid feeling dizzy and getting a heat stroke.
- Protect yourself with a hat and sunglasses. These accessories must be a part of your Mykonos outfits because they will protect you from UV rays and will also make you look fabulous.
The Ace VIP Has the Best Mykonos Concierge on the Island
Do you need help with organizing your summer vacation, choosing some of the most luxurious Mykonos villas for rental, or finding a yacht rental in Mykonos? The Ace VIP is here to help you. Our team will help you with organizing the most amazing holiday you could have ever dreamed of. Contact us today, and we will immediately introduce you to our concierge VIP services on Mykonos.